Thursday, January 31, 2013

4 letters, like a dagger to the heart

So, this has been pretty quiet... Im sorry for that.

The past few months have been hard for me. I have had the feeling that I had PTSD from my pregnancy/ birth experience/ NICU.

Today I went to LDS family services and saw a psychologist. He confirmed that I am suffering from PTSD. I don't know whether to be relieved or scared... well, Im a bit of both. I knew I had it, Its just different when someone confirms it, says you are actually messed up. The psychologist told me that the reason I keep having anxiety/ flashbacks/ nightmares is because my brain cant reason or "file away " why I went through what I went through. Its going to be a long process and I may have to see an actual Psychiatrist.

Hopefully I can over come this. Sooner would be better than later hahaha I know that our birthday is going to be very difficult and if Elika has the procedure done on her heart, I will probably be a mess.

Im not looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to overcoming the PTSD

1 comment:

  1. Did they get you medication? It makes a world of difference, it really does. I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete