Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What I have Learned in Massage School

As I reach my midpoint of my program... I would like to share some things that I have learned outside of the " techniques and modalities"

1. It is always important to have clean hands AND feet.
2. Always act like someone is watching you
3. You cant always choose who you work with or help.
4. Always BE a safe space for people, you don't know what they have been through.
5. Your intention speaks louder than your action.
6. Keep antibacterial handy at all times.
7. You can never have too many pillowcases.
8.  Emotions and posture are closely linked.
9. If you associate food (potlucks) with tests... the tests aren't so bad!
10. You can make a money by stepping on people.
11. People will complain about ANYTHING!
12. Healthy, nurturing touch is a profound gift.
13 Stay grounded... the snoring isn't going to stop. lol
14. Blink and your going to miss it... be in the moment
15. Embrace your tiger (challenges)
16. Keep your cup empty! ( always be ready to take in new info)
17. Same, same but different
18. Trust the process!
19. Always speak the truth with compassion
20. When all else fails... WHOOSH!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! You are amazing! With all you've learned, I'd say you are more than ready to take on the challenge of being a wife and mother. Especially with Mikey involved. ;) I especially love #16... another version I've heard from a friend of mine in my ward is to keep your hand off the top of the cup because if you are holding the lid on tight you won't let anything out (ie you won't be vulnerable) but you can't let anything good (the Spirit, friendship, life lessons, etc) in either. I think you do a great job of keeping your cup open and empty. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like #13! And I really enjoyed the list :) You are going to be a great addition to the family.

    ReplyDelete