Monday, April 11, 2011

With every challenge there is a reward...

This weekend was a wild one. :)

I went down to Dublin to stay with my loving boyfriend and his family. ( I dont know why I wrote it that way.... I have only Athey followers ;)

On Saturday we went to the SFSU campus so we could look at the campus, program, and look at housing. It was one of those days where you step out of the hypothetical and dip your toes in to the " this is real" waters. Thankfully, we had positive answers to our questions and standing there looking at the housing... felt perfect. Its that feeling that you know everything will be alright and this is where you belong. There are plenty of obstacles in our way.. but I know that it will work out... the how is the mystery. It was a great moment to share with him :)

Later that day we went to play nerf gun wars at the Danville Stake center (AMAZING IDEA!) The event was great! Then Mike decided to Tango with one of the round table-barriers... and lost. I was about to shoot him with my little nerf gun and he walks past me holding his hand and I can see blood on his pants.. OH NO! I rush behind him and help him clean the wound ( and his other hand - probably the cutest moment of that sequence) and get him to the ER. Sitting with him in the ER was another " real moment" but this was more of a dive into the realism... this wasnt - and wont be his last rodeo in the ER. I cant explain what happened but for me it "sealed the deal" I love this man and after this weekend, I know with assurance we can get through anything. :)

9 comments:

  1. This weekend sealed the deal for me, too. I could tell the mantle had been passed. I know he is in good hands. Thank you.

    Love Mom A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, Kathi, that means so much to me!

    I may call him "baby", but he will always be your baby ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kati! I know we haven't met, but I found your blog, so I hope you don't mind another Athey follower :) I'm so excited for you guys! Diving into the real world is crazy, isn't it? But definitely an awesome feeling. And I agree with mom, it's nice to know Mikey's in good hands. He may be my older brother, but I've always felt protective of him, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky! Of course I dont mind another Athey follower! I cant wait to meet you! Mike has told me about your childhood days and we watched a home video ( we were looking for him playing with his bag- go figure) :)
    I know you live far away, but I would love to meet you! Hopefully before our wedding ;)

    As for the " being in good hands" - the first day we hung out officially, we bonded over doctor and hospital stories. ;) We take care of each other. :D

    Take care and Ill see you around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, that's awesome. I know he has plenty of hospital stories!
    I'm really looking forward to meeting you! We'll have to figure out a time to do so before we move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes he does! Although he wins in the "frequency and duration" of hospital trips... I win in the number of doctors I have seen. (We actually sat on the couch and had a little competition... so sad haha)

    When are you two moving?

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol, that's awesome. We're moving sometime between the end of May and August. Hopefully the beginning of June, but it kinda depends on apartments, and jobs, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really cool to know where you belong but super scary to wonder how you're going to make it there! We've done that so many times. Currently, that's Sacramento for us. Good luck to you guys! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete