Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Night to Remember

Well... do I have some news for you......



                                                          we will get to that later ;)


ok, FINE... Ill do it now!


So... Mike told me a few days ago that we were going to have a date night on Friday and that he was going to go in early to work so he could get up here early ( I didn't have school or work so it worked out really well)

I was pretty excited, this was our second dinner date (we are a home-ly couple lol) and I love seeing him dressed up :) We went out to RendezVous Bistro and had a fabulous dinner and a yummy frozen crepe (ice cream, oreo, chocolate and caramel. sooooooooo gooooood)

After we went for a little stroll down town and the whole time Mike is looking around and texting his Dan... I ask him what's up and he says he is people watching and his brother was being a twirp and bugging him lol.

We finally sit down on a bench and cuddle because I am a girl and didn't bring a coat. He asks me if I want his coat and I said yes, so he gets up and makes me stand up so he can put the coat on me ( genius in retrospect) once the coat is on he gives me a super long kiss, backs up and goes on one knee. At this point I jump a foot back and turn a fresh tomato red :)

look! off in the distance... he is on one knee!


I was in such shock I don't remember exactly what he said, but "marry me" was somewhere in there and through my shocked laughter/ trying to catch my breath I somehow got a " YES!"out!  I see flashes and all I think is : "awwww he really does love me... he has someone taking pictures!!!" We had a few... um... "conversations" about this. :)






We kiss again and Dan and Jackie come out of the bushes and congratulate us and make us re-enact the proposal because they were too far away to get any good photos. ( I will post when I get them)


attack kissie!


Now the calling begins.....
1. First off, we call the Athey home and tell Mom and Dad :)
2. We decided to hold off and tell my parents in person on Sunday night. PLEASE HELP US KEEP IT HUSH-HUSH UNTIL THEN! AKA NO FACEBOOK POSTS! :)
3. Then I called my friend Justin (who is like a brother to me) and wake him up to tell him. :)
4. My roommate- best reaction ever! literally left her speechless... she needed a few minutes to process!
The rest we will tell Saturday and Sunday! Sorry, we didn't want to wake the kids. It was rather late.


We have set a date for October 15th, 2011 at the Oakland Temple. Reception is TBD

5 months 22 days... it can be done right?  :)

Katherine Athey... it has a good ring too it..... I wonder why ;) hehe



re-enactment 



so shocked I couldnt look at the camera!

                      I AM SO EXCITED!  WOOHOO!  :D

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Kati I love you! Congrats!! Roberts says "are they gonna come visit us?" lol I'm so excited for you. 5 months of course it can be done! I want to come dress shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS!!!! Yes, I am sure we will visit and dress shopping is a must! I will need plenty of reminders to breathe as well! I kinda failed at that last night ;) My cheeks hurt so bad this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! That's so exciting! He's so cute! I didn't realize you're full name is Katherine, that's too funny. YAY! And I did mine in 4 months, so it definitely can be done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep! My full name is Katherine Ann Boylan ( I can't wait to add the Athey)
    I think Dan and Jackie did it in 3 (even though they cheated and ha the reception after) so I know it CAN be done but all of my non member friends take at least a year! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, well from what I've seen the part that takes the longest is booking a place early enough, and since you don't have to worry about that it takes a good 3 to 6 months off your time ;) for me the longest thing was the dress, so if you get going on that, everything else pretty much just falls into place. Let me know if you need any help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, DEFINITELY, Katherine Athey has a good ring to it! Woohoo! I can't believe that now I can share my name with someone! That is a really fun, coincidental bonus! We are so excited! It sounds like you had a really great evening! We are thrilled and so looking forward to this event! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!!! WAHOO!!!! Congratulations! I so excited for you guys!! Love you tons and tons!! xoxo (oh and ps if dress shopping can be worked out so we can all us girls go, that would be a blast!)

    ReplyDelete